Thursday 6 August 2015

Coronation Chicken Salad


Today has been a hot day in our little corner of Kent.  The sun has struggled a bit, but did make a breakthrough just in time for dinner.

I had a bit of a blow out on lovely fresh produce from Waitrose yesterday and was keen to make something fresh and healthy, but also filling.  After spending waaaaaaaaaay too much time reading blogs yesterday I found a lovely recipe for Chicken Curry Salad on the Amazing Paleo Blog.

I have toyed with the Paleo diet, but there are parts of it that I find too restrictive, so I tend to play about with the recipes until I make something that (hopefully) is delicious.

With this Chicken Curry Salad as inspiration, I decided to create my own super-quick Coronation Chicken Salad.  If I do say so myself , it was bloody lush - and made loads - serving 5 for dinner with leftovers for lunch tomorrow :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





Coronation Chicken Salad

  • 1 x cooked chicken, cold
  • 2 x handfuls red grapes
  • 1/2 pack fresh mango chunks
  • 2 x tsp mild curry powder
  • 50g (ish) slivered almonds
  • Lots lovely green salad

  1. Remove all the chicken meat off the bone.   It is much easier to do this with your hands than fiddling about with a knife, but this may not be everyone's thang.   I discarded all the skin and gave this to the dog.
  2. Add the grapes, mango and almonds to the chicken.
  3. Add the mayonnaise and sprinkle on the curry powder.
  4. Mix everything together so that all the chicken is coated.  Use a spoon for this bit if you must.
  5. Nicely present some salad in a ring and then dollop the chicken mixture into the middle so it looks all fancy.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment